Eco-Schools USA Awards
Once your school has registered to participate in Eco-Schools USA and implemented the Seven Steps, you can apply for an Eco-Schools award. There are three levels of the award system: Bronze, Silver and the prestigious Green Flag.
The criteria that make up each of the Seven Steps are assigned point values. As you complete each step, you will gain points toward an award. The points required are as follows:
Bronze Award 100 points
Silver Award 200 points
Green Flag 300 points
To keep track of your school's points, use the login information you received when you registered to access your school's dashboard. As you check off your accomplishments on the award form, the dashboard will display your current points total.
A school can apply for any one of these levels depending on the level of criteria it has met under each of the Seven Steps. Review the Bronze Award Criteria, Silver Award Criteria and Green Flag Award Criteria to determine which stage your school has reached and see if you're ready to apply for an award.
The Bronze and Silver Awards are self-assessed. To achieve a Green Flag, your progress must be assessed by an Eco-Schools USA representative and the award renewed every two years. A school is considered to be a permanent Eco-School once it has gained its fourth Green Flag.
How to Apply for an Award
- Check our interactive map to find out if your school is already registered as an Eco-School. If not, go to our registration page and sign-up! Complete the registration form and click 'submit'.
- If you previously registered as an Eco-School, simply login to access your school's profile.
- On your school's profile page locate the 'submit new form' section. Using the pulldown menu select the award level you would like to apply for and click 'submit'.
- Fill-out the award application and click 'submit'. If the application is only partially completed you can click 'save' and return to it at a later point.
- If the application is successfully entered and all criteria met, your school will be automatically awarded the Eco-Schools USA Bronze or Silver Award. You will be able to download and print a personalized certificate of achievement.
2015 Green Flag Schools
In 2015, Eco-Schools USA has been privileged to award Eco-Schools’ highest honor, the Green Flag, to the following U.S schools who’ve made significant and measurable changes impacting the environmental sustainability, both within the school and throughout the larger community.
Belvedere Elementary School
Briargrove Elementary School
Brooklyn Urban Garden Charter School
Centreville Elementary School
Charles F. Patton Middle School
Daniels Run Elementary
Eisenhower High School
Fox Creek Elementary
Franklin Sherman Elementary
Longfellow Middle School
Ps333 Manhattan School for Children
Mary Rieke Elementary
McFatter Technical Center
Old Trail School
Pioneer Elementary School
Ps166 The Richard Rodgers School
Rocky Run Middle School
Sand Creek Elementary
Small Green Tech Academy
Spectrum Charter School
Unity Charter School
William Annin Middle School