Energy Pathway - Energy Audit
- To investigate energy use within the school and identify inefficiency
- To record and analyze energy data
- To implement student based solutions to improve energy efficiency
Mathematics, Science, Citizenship
Eco-Schools USA Pathways
Energy, Climate Change
The energy audit will help you complete an assessment of energy use at your school. You will use the data you collect to create your Energy Action Plan
Follow these three steps to complete your energy audit:
- Work with students to complete the energy audit form. Try to audit as many classrooms as possible.
- Input data from the audit form into the the carbon calculator to determine each classroom's carbon footprint based on energy use. (You will input data into four tabs: classroom lighting, energy vampires, other appliances, and heating)
- Transfer data for each classroom from the carbon calculator to the school tally sheet to calculate your school's overall carbon footprint.
(Note: Make sure that you hold on to your completed audit form and Excel spreadsheets. When you get to the monitor and evaluate step you will want to complete the auditing process again using these forms.)
>> Energy Audit Form
>> Carbon Calculator
>> School Tally Sheet