Water Pathway - Sample Water Audit
- To investigate water use within the school and identify inefficiency
- To record and analyze water data
- English, Science, Geography, Citizenship
Eco-Schools USA Pathways
- Water, Sustainable School Grounds, Energy
Sample Water Audit
Use this Sample Water Audit to help you complete a Water Audit. You will use the data you collect to create your Water Action Plan.
This audit is adapted from the Be Water Wise! School Water Audit. It was developed by the National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) as a tool for students to investigate water use inside and outside of the school building and to work to improve water conservation at school. Many of the questions will require the assistance of school staff, including custodians and facility managers. Please feel free to add or edit questions so that it makes sense for your school and local community.
Also at the National Environmental Education Week Be Water Wise! website:
- a Teacher's Guide for the audit
- a Report Outline, which you can use to develop a report of the findings to be presented to the school community.