Curriculum and Quick Links
Curriculum - Louisiana Specific
These are large files and may take several minutes to download.
Here you will find links to information that will help you successfully implement the curriculum.
- Environmental Audit Checklist - This checklist can serve as a general “needs assessment” for schools. The Eco-Action team will answer 5 questions for each pathway. This data will then be taken back to the entire team for discussion and next steps.
- Energy Pathway - The Energy pathway is designed to allow students to address energy consumption at school. Included in the pathway are ways students can engage their peers and other school community members, ideas for making change, ways for teachers to connect energy content to the school curriculum.
- Energy Audit - With the energy audit students will be able to assess their school’s energy consumption, see their classroom and school’s carbon footprint, and make informed decisions on how to conserve energy and reduce utility costs.
- Sample Energy Action Plan - The Action Plan example is designed as a guide, a visual tool to help Eco-Action teams as they prepare their own plans.
- Classroom Carbon Calculator - This excel worksheet allows you to enter data from your classroom audit, calculate carbon emissions both before and after taking action, and provide visual tools in the form of charts and graphs that can be utilized during classroom instruction and to showcase classroom and/or school success. (scroll down - found under 3 steps to complete your energy audit)
- Cool School Challenge - The Cool School Challenge engages students and teachers in practical strategies to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions school-wide. Students challenge individual classrooms to reduce their carbon emissions over a set period of time, and utilize a carbon calculator to evaluate progress.