NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION RANGER RICK’S GEOCACHE TRAILS SPRING 2012 HOST CONTEST.
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. HOW TO ENTER: The Ranger Rick’s Geocache Trails Spring 2012 Host Contest (“Contest”) is open only to organizations who have a live Ranger Rick’s Geocache Trail of at least three caches that must have been approved and posted on geocaching.com (NOTE: pending trails will not be eligible) and who must answer the question in two or three sentences, “Why did you bring geocaching to your community?” in the submission form. Employees of National Wildlife Federation (“the Company”) its, directors, officers and prize suppliers (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. For the purpose of this Contest, family members are defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. Void where prohibited by law.
Your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your answer to the entry question—and your group’s name, city, state and country of residence—to be published as winners on the NWF website www.rangerricktrails.com.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins May 31, 2012, at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends August 28, 2012, at 8:00 PM EST (“entry period”). Company assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries or for any computer, online, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider, Internet, web site, or other accessibility or availability issues, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention, or any technical malfunctions that may occur. Entrants shall be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain name associated with the submitted email address.
3. JUDGING: A winner will be selected by the staff of Be Out There marketing department and will be based on originality, level of impact on the community, and relevance related to connecting kids with nature from among all eligible entries received. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one prize per person, family or household. Winners will be notified via email, U.S. mail, telephone, and/or by overnight courier.
4. PRIZES: There will be one (1) grand prize winner selected and one (1) grand prize granted (“Grand Prize”). The Grand prize will be a 1-page feature in the Spring 2013 issue of National Wildlife Magazine® highlighting the winner’s geocache trail and other special initiatives that the winner is doing to connect children with nature. All qualified entrants will receive one (1) commemorative traceable geocache coin, a value of $10.00. Geocache coins will be sent to the address used when registering for the Contest. The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. Company reserves the right to substitute prize and/or a prize of any value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Grand Prize winner will be announced on NWF’s geocaching website, www.rangerricktrails.com, two (2) weeks after the end of the entry period.
5. General Conditions:
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Company may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. Limitations of Liability:
The Company is not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Warranties. By entering, participants warrant that his or her entry materials are original, do not infringe on any third party’s rights, and that participant has obtained any necessary permissions from any third party if any geocache is placed on a third party’s property. NWF reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it finds in its sole discretion that any of the foregoing warranties are not true. Decisions of NWF shall be final and binding. By entering, participants release and hold harmless NWF, National Wildlife Federation, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and any of the foregoing directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize won, NWF's use of entry materials, the warranties participants make, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest related activity, or participation in the contest.
8. Governing Law/Jurisdiction. The Contest and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in the Commonwealth of Virginia, which court shall apply the laws of the state of Virginia without regard for rules of conflicts of law. In any such dispute, participant shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the contest, and participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. Winners List. For the name of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION, 11100 Wildlife Center Drive, Reston, VA 20190 (Attn: Lindsay Legendre Winner’s List). Requests for the name of the winners must be received by October 31, 2012.
10. Winner Notification: The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email, using the information provided on the submission form. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to respond to the notification or the Grand Prize may be forfeited. Company will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners. Decisions by Company of winner eligibility, notification, and acceptance or disqualification will be final and binding. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification.
© 1996-2014 National Wildlife Federation | PO Box 1583, Merrifield VA 22116-1583
Ranger Rick Geocache Trails Partner: