Celebrate Your Community's Certication
Once your community is registered and has completed enough goals to earn enough points to qualify for certification, you will submit your information to NWF for review.
After we confirm your community has completed the minimum requirements, you officially become a National Wildlife Federation Certified Community Wildlife Habitat™ site and can start planning your certification celebration!
Each community's celebration is unique. One community organized an old-fashioned ice cream social. Another had a jazz and poetry reading night at a local park. One community planned a native plant giveaway with their celebration. Use your imagination to create a memorable celebration for your community!
As seen in the photo, Dublin, Ohio celebrated becoming the first Certified Community Wildlife Habitat in the state!
Benefits of Certification
- National recognition of your community's commitment to creating a place where people, wildlife and native plants can co-exist and thrive;
- Press release sent by NWF to local media;
- Ongoing support from and partnership opportunities with National Wildlife Federation;
- NWF Certificate of Exceptional Merit;
- A listing on NWF's Community Wildlife Habitat webpage.
Our team will assist your team throughout the certification process. Contact us if you need assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org .