NWF offers a flexible benefits package to allow choice among a variety of options to customize a benefits package based on individual employee/family needs. The program is designed to provide each employee with a CORE level of benefits. This is basic benefits provided by NWF at no cost. The flexibility in the program enables employees to select from a menu of other benefit options to increase coverage above the CORE level to satisfy specific needs. This is a Section 125 Flexible Benefits Program; all authorized payroll contributions toward the cost of elected group benefits will be on a pre-tax basis.
HEALTH AND WELFARE: NWF Employees Flexible Benefits Program
These benefits apply to Regular Full Time and Regular Part Time Employees working at least 20 hours per week. Enrollment in the benefits program is effective the first of the month following ten days of eligible employment. Enrollment available for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse, Employee + Domestic Partner, Employee + Child(ren), Employee + Family, Employee + Family w/Domestic Partner.
Group Medical Insurance: Plans include: Rx, Vision Care, Naturopathic Medicine options, as well as Annual Physicals & Other Wellness Screenings. Choice of enrollment in one of the following:
- CORE Catastrophic 80%/20% Copayment; $1,000 Deductible/$2,000 Max Out of Pocket. FREE for Employees
- PREFERRED PPO UNITED HEALTHCARE CHOICE PLUS NETWORK- $15 office visit copayment / $25 copayment for Specialists / 80%/20% coinsurance for out of office procedures after a $200 deductible. $2,000 Max Out of Pocket.
Out of network benefits available.
Requires cost-sharing through Payroll Deduction.
Group Dental Insurance: Delta Dental PPO & Premier Plan Coverage available through Payroll Deduction.
Group Life Insurance w/AD&D: 1.5x Base Salary/free to employees. Voluntary Supplemental Term in multiples of ½ x to 5x salary available through after-tax payroll deduction.
Flexible Reimbursement Accounts: Healthcare Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement
Disability Income Insurance (Short and Long Term): Free to employees
Tax Deferred Annuity Retirement Plan: 403b Plan: Eligible for matching contributions upon one year employment. 403b Voluntary Plan: All employees are eligible upon employment (no matching contributions). This TDA Plan includes Socially Responsible Investment fund options.
Social Security: Employee FICA contributions matched by NWF
PAID TIME OFF
- Paid Vacation:
10 days/yr. increasing to 25 days/year over 15 years (grade 11-20)
15 days per year increasing to 20 days per year over 5 years; and to 25 days per year over 15 years (grades 21-24)
20 days per year increasing to 25 days per year over 15 years (grade 25 and above)
- Paid Sick Leave: 10 days per year (maximum accrual 500 hours)
- Holiday Holidays: 13 days per year
- Paid Floating Holidays: 3 per year
- Paid Time Off upon Death of Family Member: Up to 3 days plus 2 days travel if more than 150 miles is required.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Administrative Leave/Military Leave/Jury Duty
- Domestic Partner (spouse-equivalent) benefits applicable to all NWF Policies
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Transportation Benefits: Smartbenefits and Bicycle Commuter Reimbursement
- Employee Credit Union
- Tuition Reimbursement (job related)
- Professional Development
- Nature Catalogue Merchandise Discounts
- Free Wildlife Magazines
- Severance Plan