Why Conserve Energy?
Americans consume a disproportionate amount of the world's energy. But we can make a difference by conserving energy...
Top Five Easiest Things to Do to Conserve Energy
- Change the filter in your furnace: Keep heating and cooling systems running efficiently.
- Change to fluorescent light bulbs: They use far less energy than incandescent bulbs.
Combine trips: Plan your errands to reduce transportation time.
- Lower the temperature on your water heater: You'll still have hot water, but it means the heater uses less energy when you are not using hot water.
Check your car's tire pressure: Poorly inflated tires waste gas and cause more pollution.
Top Five Decisions That Will Make the Biggest Difference
- Buy a fuel efficient vehicle: Include the fuel economy rating as part of the decision making process.
Buy green power
- Install a programmable thermostat: It takes about 10 minutes to install and allows you to save lots of energy costs when you are not home.
- Buy less stuff: Everything we buy creates waste and uses energy both in the manufacturing process and after we use it.
Stand up for what's right: Advocate for clean energy and the protection of wildlife from global warming.