FAQs About Ranger Rick Jr. Magazine
National Wildlife Federation is proud to announce the launch of a new children's magazine, which will hit mailboxes and newstands starting with the December 2012 issue.
Ranger Rick Jr. is uniquely designed for kids ages 4 to 7, and replaces NWF's exisiting publications, Wild Animal Baby and Big Backyard. It will also complement our award-winning Ranger Rick magazine for kids ages 7-14.
For our existing subscribers, we want to make this transition as seamless as possible. Here are a few common questions we've been asked. Please let us know if you have additional questions or feedback!
Why did you stop publishing Wild Animal Baby and Big Backyard magazines?
Based on customer feedback, we have incorporated the best features of Wild Animal Baby and Big Backyard magazines into our exciting new children's magazine, Ranger Rick Jr. This publication is:
- Uniquely designed and written for younger children ages 4 to 7
- A full-sized magazine with 36 pages, including a full-sized poster in every issue
- Designed especially for developing readers with larger text and shorter stories
- Perfect for parent-child reading time
- Loads of fun games, nature crafts and activities to help children develop a love of nature and wildlife
What happens to my existing subscription?
- If you have an active subscription to Wild Animal Baby or Big Backyard magazine, no action is needed on your part. You will automatically receive Ranger Rick Jr. magazine, starting with the December 2012 issue for the remainder of your subscription.
- If you have active subscriptions to both Wild Animal Baby and Big Backyard, the two subscriptions will be combined and your subscription will be extended. You’ll start to receive Ranger Rick Jr. with the December 2012 issue. Note: The first issue of Ranger Rick Jr. will arrive in homes mid-November.
How is Ranger Rick Jr. different from Wild Animal Baby?
Ranger Rick Jr. is a full-sized magazine and will offer children ages 4 to 7 loads of exciting real animal photos, short “Let’s Read” stories, nature crafts and activities that children can explore on their own or with a parent.
What if my child is younger - only 2 years old?
Ranger Rick Jr. is geared toward children ages 4 to 7, but there will still be loads of fun things that younger children will love about Ranger Rick Jr. magazine.
Please contact our customer service department:
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST