National Wildlife Week
Make National Wildlife Week Last the Whole Year!
Here are 7 great ways to continue exploring and interacting with wildlife:
- Create and certify a wildlife habitat at your home, business, or place of worship. NWF has certified 185,000 properties and public facilities as wildlife habitats, engaging more than 1.5 million people. Certification involves using key steps to provide food, water, shelter and habitat for wildlife.
- Help a local school create and certify an educational wildlife Schoolyard Habitat. NWF has certified more than 5,000 schoolyard habitats that help nearly 1 million young people learn about local wildlife, pollinators and plants.
- Help your community become a Certified Wildlife Habitat. NWF has more than 150 cities, counties and towns active in managing community-wide wildlife habitats. Communities range in size from Austin, TX and Charlotte, NC to smaller groups of a few thousand residents.
- Become a trained NWF Habitat Volunteer. The NWF’s 1,500 habitat stewards and Wildlife Ambassadors provide half a million hours of nationwide support to local habitats and gardening for wildlife.
- Join the NWF Wildlife Watch Program. Wildlife Watch volunteers record species sightings across the U.S. and enter them onto a website for sharing with others.
- Connect with any of NWF’s terrific state affiliate partners. NWF is fortunate to have official affiliate partners’ organizations in 49 states and territories.
- Join the ranks of NWF’s 1 million active and enthusiastic members. You will receive the award winning National Wildlife magazine and learn about opportunities to influence policy makers and help wildlife, water and habitats across the nation.
National Wildlife Week is National Wildlife Federation's longest-running education program designed around teaching and connecting kids to the awesome wonders of wildlife. Each year, we pick a theme and provide fun and informative educational materials, curriculum and activities for educators and caregivers to use with kids. Stay tuned to find out our theme for 2016!