National Wildlife Photo Contest
Ages 13 and up
Our annual photo contest invites photographers of all skill levels to compete with their peers for prizes and the opportunity to be published either in print or online.
- Two divisions: General (18 and up) and Youth (13 - 17)
- Seven categories including baby animals, backyard habitats, landscapes and plant life, and mammals
The National Wildlife Photo Contest was first launched over four decades ago, and to this day, still celebrates the power of photography to connect both photographers and viewers with wildlife and the outdoors.
The 2014 National Wildlife Photo Contest will open April 1st! Get ready to enter award-winning photos by visiting our Nature Photography Tips Center >>
CONTEST DETAILS | 2013 WINNERS | HONORABLE MENTIONS
Ranger Rick® Photo Contest
Ages 13 and under
Hey kids! Send us your best original nature photographs and one of your photos could appear in an issue of Ranger Rick magazine. Any photo with a wildlife or landscape theme is perfect and they can be photos you took with a camera or a phone. Judges select winners each month and those winners are:
- posted online in the recent winners slideshow
- entered in the running for Ranger Rick's "Your Best Shots" Magazine Award and have a chance to get their photo printed in an issue of Ranger Rick magazine
The contest is ongoing -- there is no deadline for entering.
ENTER NOW | CONTEST DETAILS | PAST WINNERS
Monthly. All ages welcome to enter.
National Wildlife magazine editors pull photographs that stand out as humorous and endearing from previous National Wildlife Photo Contest entries, and each month, we post one of these funny wildlife photos and invite you to submit your best captions.
- Entries are be judged on the basis of wit, creativity, humor and originality.
- New photos are posted on the 1st of each month.
- Winners will be announced by the 15th of the following month.
ENTER NOW | CONTEST RULES | PAST WINNERS