Registration for America's Grasslands Conference
Conference Registration is Now Open!
Registration Cost and Information
- $150 if you register by July 15th; $180 if you register after July 15th
- Graduate students: Thanks to a special grant from Kansas State University, you may be eligible to be reimbursed for the cost of the conference. To find out more, e-mail Lisa Long email@example.com
- Included in the registration cost:
- Meals and breaks
- Opening Reception on Monday night, August 12th
- BBQ at Konza Prairie on Tuesday night, August 13th
Field Trip Information
We have two optional field trips set up for Monday August 12th are optional. Space is limited, so sign up early!
- Full Day Tour of the Flint Hills Native Tallgrass Prairie (50 person limit)
- Monday, August 12th, 9am-4pm
- $55.00 per person (includes a box lunch)
- Description: Spend a day exploring the native tallgrass prairies of the Kansas Flint Hills region. The tour will leave from the Conference center at 9am and return between 3-4 pm, in time for the conference opening reception. Brian K. Obermeyer, Landscape Programs Manager of the Kansas chapter of The Nature Conservancy will lead this tour, which will include stops at the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve, the Chase State Fishing Lake, a private working cattle ranch, and another preserve owned by The Nature Conservancy, east of Cassoday, KS.
- Afternoon Tour of Konza Prairie Biological Station (40 person limit)
- Monday, August 12th, 12:30 – 3 pm
- $30.00 per person, includes boxed lunch
- Description: Take a bus tour of the Konza Prairie Biological Station (KPBS), a 3,487 hectare native tallgrass prairie preserve jointly owned by The Nature Conservancy and Kansas State University. The tour will allow individuals to see sites off-limits to the general public and will provide an opportunity to see the impacts of the long-term burning and grazing (by bison) experiments.
UPDATE 08-08-13: Online Registration for the America's Grasslands Conference is now closed.
If you would still like to register, please print out the registration form through the link below (under register by fax or mail), and bring the form to the registration table at Hilton Garden Inn on Monday, August 12th.
Registration will be held from 4:00-6:00 PM on Monday, August 12th and from 7:00-8:00 AM at the Hilton Garden Inn Conference Center - Grand Foyer.
Included in the registration cost:
- Meals and Breaks
- Opening reception on Monday night, August 12th at the Flint Hills Discovery Center
- BBQ at Konza Prairie on Tuesday night, August 13th
To Register by Fax or Mail
Fill out the registration form. Print out the completed form and send with payment to:
American Grasslands Conference Registration
Kansas State University
Division of Continuing Education
Conference Registration Office
1615 Anderson Ave
Manhattan, KS 66502-4098 USA
FAX: (785) 532-2422
For additional registration information, please call 785-532-5569 or 1-800-432-8222, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with "American Grasslands" in the subject line.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you must cancel your registration, please do so as soon as possible. Substitutions are accepted. Registration fees, less a $15 administrative fee, will be refunded if notice is received in the conference registration office by 5 p.m. (Central time) on August 2, 2013. To cancel or modify your registration, please send a written request to email@example.com with the subject line "American Grasslands." Due to guarantees we must give prior to the conference, refunds are not available after August 2, 2013. Registrants who do not cancel their registration in writing by Aug. 2 are responsible for conference registration fees even if they do not attend the conference and have not paid the registration fee.
The Division of Continuing Education may cancel or postpone the conference because of insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If the conference is canceled or postponed, the Division of Continuing Education will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for other costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies.
A conference or noncredit program participant who needs accommodations due to a disability or special dietary requirements should indicate services needed at the time of registration. If you have further questions, please contact Lisa Long, program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-2546. Early notification is requested to ensure that accommodations can be provided in a timely manner.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Kansas State University is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, military status, veteran status, or other nonmerit reasons, in admissions, educational programs, or activities and employment, including employment of disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam Era, as required by applicable laws and regulations. Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 has been delegated to the director of Affirmative Action, Kansas State University, 214 Anderson Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-0124, 785-532-6220 or TTY: 785-532-4807.