How to Submit Your YRE Entry
Please Note: The competition is now closed for 2012-2013 and the jury is reviewing submissions. Check back soon for details about next year's competition!
Participants register through YRE Connect (part of YRE International) and submit their entries through this portal. An educator must register a student’s school or group on YRE Connect before individual students in that school or group can then register themselves. Here’s how it works:
If you are an educator wishing to use YRE USA with a class or group:
- Go to YRE Connect and register your school or group’s name.
- Have each of your students register themselves, selecting the school’s name when prompted.
Register each of your individual students’ names.
If you are an individual student who wishes to participate in YRE USA:
- Ask a teacher to register your school.
- Register yourself, selecting your school name when prompted.
You may also have your teacher register for you.
After you have registered, you may log back in to YRE Connect to submit your entry to the competition at any time up until the deadline of March 15, 2013.
Please be sure your entry will qualify for the competition! Check that you have met all the submission requirements, including content, style and technical specifications.
Note: Once you have submitted your entry, you will not be able to modify it.
REGISTER: Click here to register with YRE Connect.
SUBMIT: Click here to log in to your YRE Connect account and submit an entry.
Video tutorials showing the registration and submission process are available here. (Note: There is no sound, just a visual demonstration of the process.)
When submitting your entry, please be sure to include:
- Your name, age, and school name. If your submission is a group project, include this information for each participant.
- The title of your project
- Your submission in your chosen media:
- Article text (with photo if desired), or
- Photo or photo series, with caption(s)
- An explanation of how you have or plan to share your piece with your local community and any results that have come of it. (See Dissemination to a Local Audience at the bottom of this page for more details.)
If you have any questions about the submission process, or any trouble registering or submitting through YRE Connect, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist you.