Recycling & Disposal
Pack In and Pack Out
Responsible campers know that what you bring into the camping experience goes out. But sometimes you might need to tidy up after the last guests as well and a good way to do that is picking up litter and debris as part of the Clean Earth Challenge.
Easy tips to recycle and dispose of camping trash:
- Be the best guest you can be and clean up!
- “Think Sustainable” when packing before your trip—bring as many reusable or eco-friendly storage and container items as you can.
- The more reusables you have, the less trash you have to dispose of when you leave.
- If you have any recyclable items and trash that needs disposal, please locate the designated trash receptacles in the campground or park area.
- Please sort your recyclables and trash accordingly and dispose of in the proper receptacles. If no recycle bins are present, take the items home and recycle later.
- If camping in remote areas without proper trash disposal, consult local authorities regarding the proper ways to dispose of trash and bring your recyclables home.
- If you see trash and debris in or around your camping area that is not yours, please pick it up as a part of the Clean Earth Challenge.