Throughout the school year, build in opportunities to bring the community together in the spirit of service--service to the school, to the community and to wildlife. By completing this campaign, schools earn points toward EcoSchools certification.
Participate to earn your Days of Service badge for 2024.
How to Participate
Complete 3 days of service from the list below as part of the Days of Service action card.
- National Day of Service, September 11
- International Coastal Clean-Up, 2nd Saturday of September
- National Public Lands Day, last weekend of September
- Make A Difference Day, 4th Saturday of October
- Family Volunteer Day, 3rd Saturday of November
- International Volunteer Day, December 5
- MLK Day of Service, 3rd Monday of January
- Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta Day of Service, last Friday of March
- National Volunteer Week and Global Youth Service Day, 3rd week of April
- Global Action Days, late April
- Earth Day, April 22
- Create Your Own Day of Service supporting one or more community-serving entities.
September - April
Useful Materials and Resources | More Resources are available through campaign-associated Action Cards.
See the Action Guide within the Days of Service Action Card
Video: Building a Culture of Kindness with a Day of Service
Share your Impact: Share your Days of Service stories tagging @EcoSchoolsUS @EcoSchoolsInt, #DayofService #Community Service
Be featured nationally! Your school may also be selected and featured to a national or international audience through Eco-Schools United States or Eco-Schools International.