Reduce Unwanted Catalogs Mailed to You
National Wildlife Federation, The Ecology Center and the Natural Resources Defense Council have launched a free online service that will help consumers take control of mailbox clutter, simplify their lives and protect the environment from unnecessary waste.
Stop unwanted catalogs with Catalog Choice
Catalog Choice allows you to remove your name from the mailing lists of hundreds of catalogs, helping reduce the environmental impact of the 19 billion catalogs mailed each year to American consumers:
- 53 million trees used
- 3.6 million tons of paper used
- 38 trillion BTUs used to produce this volume of paper--enough to power 1.2 million homes per year
- 5.2 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions, equal to the annual emissions of two million cars
- 53 billion gallons of waste water discharged--enough to fill 81,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools
Catalog merchants can benefit from Catalog Choice, too. This service provides them with a hosted opt-out service that will increase efficiency by reducing the costs of printing, paper and postage associated with those catalogs sent to nonresponsive consumers. And, participating catalogers can get a link back to their website in case the consumer wants to online shop!
Make your choice today! Take these easy steps:
- Visit Catalog Choice and reduce the clutter in your mailbox.
- Tell your family and friends about this new service. Use the website's "Invite a Friend" feature or forward this message and make their day!
Funding for Catalog Choice is provided by The Overbrook Foundation, the Kendeda Fund and the Merck Family Fund.