The National Wildlife Federation provides a host of different opportunities to volunteer and assist us in our mission.
Our volunteers help us in the community, state, and at the national level to succeed in our three objectives: provide solutions to climate change, protect and restore wildlife habitat, and to connect people—especially kids—with nature.
1. Habitat Volunteers—three different types of opportunities to work with your community member to learn about how to create, install and maintain wildlife-friendly backyards, schools and much more.
2. Advocate for Wildlife—participate as volunteer in your community to advocate for changes in laws or other policies. Visit the National Wildlife Federation's Action Center to learn more.
3. Special Events Volunteers—staff a table or help with a one-time event. Events are seasonal mainly in the fall, spring, and early summer. Event volunteers give time to a specific event and are more generalist—helping in many different ways. Volunteers give more hours over a short time frame—such as a few months or even days as opposed to a year. Volunteers need to be committed to the duration of the event.
4. Special Situation Volunteers—on-call volunteers that can help with a variety of activities depending on their skills. Situation volunteers will be activate as needed and may have an intense volunteer experience for a shorter term.
5. Corporate Employee Volunteers—employees that can volunteer under their employer. See Corporate Volunteer opportunities for further details.
Volunteers with the National Wildlife Federation require different amount of training and number of hours. If you have a few hours a week to only one day every few months, we have opportunities for you.
NOTE: National Wildlife Federation volunteers do not directly handle wildlife. If you are looking to learn how to rescue or handle wildlife, please contact your local zoo, nature center, animal shelter, or wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center.
Give today to support our work protecting polar bears, bison, and many more at-risk species.Donate
Give the gift that arrives year-round: ANY subscription to Ranger Rick for 60% off. FREE Stripes the Tiger music video!Subscribe
Symbolically adopt a species to help ensure wildlife thrive for future generations.Adopt Today
Place your order today for the themed box that delivers everything you need to create family memories while discovering nature and wildlife.Read More
You don't have to travel far to join us for an event. Attend an upcoming event with one of our regional centers.