Thursday, March 9, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Del Mar Times Story and Photos by Luke Harold
The City's new pollinator garden was featured in the local paper.Learn More
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Engage with gardening leaders and partners (e.g., Master Naturalists, Master Gardeners, Nature Centers, Native Plant Society Chapters , other long-standing and influential community leaders) to support monarch butterfly conservation.
- Engage with community garden groups and urge them to plant native milkweeds and nectar-producing plants.
- Display educational signage at monarch gardens and pollinator habitat.
- Add or maintain native milkweed and nectar producing plants in community gardens.
- Launch or maintain an outdoor education program(s) (e.g., at schools, after-school programs, community centers and groups) that builds awareness and creates habitat by engaging students, educators, and the community in planting native milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants (i.e., National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA Schoolyard Habitats program and Monarch Mission curriculum).
- Plant milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants in medians and public rights-of-way.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Lesa Heebner||2023||3/9/2023||View Pledge|
|Mayor Lesa Heebner||2022||12/15/2021||Signatories||View Pledge|
|Mayor Lesa Heebner||2021||3/25/2021||Signatories||View Pledge|