Friday, March 31, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Issue a Proclamation to raise awareness about the decline of the monarch butterfly and the species’ need for habitat.
- Create a community art project to enhance and promote monarch and pollinator conservation as well as cultural awareness and recognition.
- Engage with developers, planners, landscape architects, and other community leaders and organizers engaged in planning processes to identify opportunities to create monarch habitat.
- Engage with city parks and recreation, public works, sustainability, and other relevant staff to identify opportunities to revise and maintain mowing programs and milkweed / native nectar plant planting programs.
- Display educational signage at monarch gardens and pollinator habitat.
- Initiate or support community science (or citizen science) efforts that help monitor monarch migration and health.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Integrate monarch butterfly conservation into the city’s Park Master Plan, Sustainability Plan, Climate Resiliency Plan or other city plans.
- Direct city property managers to consider the use of native milkweed and nectar plants at city properties where possible.
- Increase the percentage of native plants, shrubs and trees that must be used in city landscaping ordinances and encourage use of milkweed, where appropriate.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Matt Nicholson||2023||3/31/2023||View Pledge|
|Mayor Matt Nicholson||2022||12/21/2021||Leadership Circle||View Pledge|
|Mayor Matt Nicholson||2021||3/29/2021||Signatories||View Pledge|