Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Monarch Eggs on Milkweed, Prairie Creek Park
Norman volunteer points out Monarch eggs on milkweed located in Prairie Creek Park.
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Issue a Proclamation to raise awareness about the decline of the monarch butterfly and the species’ need for habitat.
- Engage with Homeowners Associations (HOAs), Community Associations or neighborhood organizations to identify opportunities to plant monarch gardens and revise maintenance and mowing programs.
- Launch or maintain a public communication effort to encourage residents to plant monarch gardens at their homes or in their neighborhoods. (If you have community members who speak a language other than English, we encourage you to also communicate in that language; Champion Pledges must communicate in that language.)
- Display educational signage at monarch gardens and pollinator habitat.
- Host or support a monarch butterfly festival that is accessible to all residents in the community and promotes monarch and pollinator conservation, as well as cultural awareness and recognition.
- Initiate or support community science (or citizen science) efforts that help monitor monarch migration and health.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Integrate monarch butterfly conservation into the city’s Park Master Plan, Sustainability Plan, Climate Resiliency Plan or other city plans.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Larry Heikkila||2023||2/7/2023||View Pledge|
|Mayor Larry Heikkila||2022||12/15/2021||Signatories||View Pledge|
|Mayor Breea Clark||2021||4/16/2021||Signatories||View Pledge|