Friday, December 16, 2022
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Engage with Homeowners Associations (HOAs), Community Associations or neighborhood organizations to identify opportunities to plant monarch gardens and revise maintenance and mowing programs.
- Engage with city parks and recreation, public works, sustainability, and other relevant staff to identify opportunities to revise and maintain mowing programs and milkweed / native nectar plant planting programs.
- Engage with community garden groups and urge them to plant native milkweeds and nectar-producing plants.
- Launch or maintain a public communication effort to encourage residents to plant monarch gardens at their homes or in their neighborhoods. (If you have community members who speak a language other than English, we encourage you to also communicate in that language; Champion Pledges must communicate in that language.)
- Display educational signage at monarch gardens and pollinator habitat.
- Launch, expand, or continue an invasive species removal program that will support the re-establishment of native habitats for monarch butterflies and other pollinators.
- Add or maintain native milkweed and nectar producing plants in community gardens.
- Facilitate or support a milkweed seed collection and propagation effort.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor James Penniman-Morin||2023||12/16/2022||View Pledge|
|Mayor Corbin Van Arsdale||2022||12/15/2021||Leadership Circle||View Pledge|
|Mayor Corbin Van Arsdale||2021||4/23/2021||Leadership Circle||View Pledge|