Thursday, March 30, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Public Works Pollinator Planting
Forestry, Parks Maintenance staff, and a Forestry Corps member converted over 4,000 square feet of lawn into a pollinator bed. Over 600 plants were planted, consisting of over 90 species of nectar-producing and host plants for local butterflies.
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Engage with city parks and recreation, public works, sustainability, and other relevant staff to identify opportunities to revise and maintain mowing programs and milkweed / native nectar plant planting programs.
- Launch or maintain a public communication effort to encourage residents to plant monarch gardens at their homes or in their neighborhoods. (If you have community members who speak a language other than English, we encourage you to also communicate in that language; Champion Pledges must communicate in that language.)
- Launch, expand, or continue an invasive species removal program that will support the re-establishment of native habitats for monarch butterflies and other pollinators.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Change weed or mowing ordinances to allow for native prairie and plant habitats.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Shelly Carlson||2023||3/30/2023||View Pledge|
|City of Moorhead Mayor Shelly Carlson||2022||2/8/2022||Signatories||View Pledge|
|Mayor Shelly Carlson||2021||4/26/2021||Leadership Circle||View Pledge|