Friday, January 6, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Reedy River Falls at Falls Park
Far more than a nature lover's paradise, Falls Park on the Reedy, located in downtown Greenville's Historic West End, is one of Greenville's greatest treasures.
The River Bench at the Commons in Unity Park
The Commons was designed to create a “pedestrian— and family friendly gathering space” where the energy of downtown meets the enjoyment of relaxed entertainment and recreation.
Legacy Park Gardens
Opened in 2008, Legacy Park was inspired by New York City's Central Park. Nestled in a residential area, the park includes rolling greens, water features, colorful landscaping, playgrounds and paved pathways ideal for walking, jogging and biking.
The Liberty Bridge at Falls Park
Greenville's unique Liberty Bridge honors Liberty Corporation founder W. Frank Hipp and his children, Francis M. Hipp, Herman N. Hipp, B. Calhoun Hipp, and Dorothy Hipp Gunter for their commitment and contribution to the Greenville community.
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Issue a Proclamation to raise awareness about the decline of the monarch butterfly and the species’ need for habitat.
- Launch, expand, or continue an invasive species removal program that will support the re-establishment of native habitats for monarch butterflies and other pollinators.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.
- Integrate monarch butterfly conservation into the city’s Park Master Plan, Sustainability Plan, Climate Resiliency Plan or other city plans.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Knox White||2023||1/6/2023||View Pledge|
|Mayor Knox White||2022||3/7/2022||Signatories||View Pledge|