Thursday, March 23, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Issue a Proclamation to raise awareness about the decline of the monarch butterfly and the species’ need for habitat.
- Create a community-driven educational conservation strategy that focuses on and benefits local, underserved residents.
- Launch, expand, or continue an invasive species removal program that will support the re-establishment of native habitats for monarch butterflies and other pollinators.
- Host or support a monarch neighborhood challenge to engage neighborhoods and homeowners' associations within the community to increase awareness, support community unity around a common mission, and/or create habitat for the monarch butterfly.
- Earn or maintain recognition for being a wildlife-friendly city by participating in other wildlife and habitat conservation efforts (i.e., National Wildlife Federation’s Community Wildlife Habitat program).
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.
- Increase the percentage of native plants, shrubs and trees that must be used in city landscaping ordinances and encourage use of milkweed, where appropriate.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Frank C. Ortis||2023||3/23/2023||View Pledge|
|Mayor Frank Ortis||2022||3/16/2022||Leadership Circle||View Pledge|