Thursday, March 30, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Create a community art project to enhance and promote monarch and pollinator conservation as well as cultural awareness and recognition.
- Engage with community garden groups and urge them to plant native milkweeds and nectar-producing plants.
- Launch or maintain a public communication effort to encourage residents to plant monarch gardens at their homes or in their neighborhoods. (If you have community members who speak a language other than English, we encourage you to also communicate in that language; Champion Pledges must communicate in that language.)
- Display educational signage at monarch gardens and pollinator habitat.
- Add or maintain native milkweed and nectar producing plants in community gardens.
- Launch or maintain an outdoor education program(s) (e.g., at schools, after-school programs, community centers and groups) that builds awareness and creates habitat by engaging students, educators, and the community in planting native milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants (i.e., National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA Schoolyard Habitats program and Monarch Mission curriculum).
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.
- Change ordinances so herbicides, insecticides, or other chemicals used in the community are not harmful to pollinators.
- Direct city property managers to consider the use of native milkweed and nectar plants at city properties where possible.
- Adopt ordinances that support reducing light pollution.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Bruce Silverstein||2023||3/30/2023||View Pledge|
|Mayor Bruce Silverstein||2022||3/25/2022||Signatories||View Pledge|