Monday, January 25, 2021
Program Year 2021
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
City of Dalworthington Gardens
Monarch Caterpillar on Green Milkweed
This picture was taken on 4/13/2021 in DWG's Monarch Waystation garden.
Monarch Chalk Art at Earth Day event
Attendees were encouraged to create chalk art for this year's theme of Restore Our Earth. Restoring monarchs was on the mind of some of the participants. The event was centered around DWG's monarch waystation garden.Learn More
Action Items Committed for Program Year 2021
- Launch or maintain a public communication effort to encourage residents to plant monarch gardens at their homes or in their neighborhoods. (If you have community members who speak a language other than English, we encourage you to also communicate in that language; Champion Pledges must communicate in that language.)
- Engage with community garden groups and urge them to plant native milkweeds and nectar-producing plants.
- Create a community art project to enhance and promote monarch and pollinator conservation as well as cultural awareness and recognition.
- Issue a Proclamation to raise awareness about the decline of the monarch butterfly and the species’ need for habitat.
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Initiate or support community science (or citizen science) efforts that help monitor monarch migration and health.
- Add or maintain native milkweed and nectar producing plants in community gardens.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Laurie Bianco||Program Year 2021||1/25/2021||View Pledge|