Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Launch or maintain a public communication effort to encourage residents to plant monarch gardens at their homes or in their neighborhoods. (If you have community members who speak a language other than English, we encourage you to also communicate in that language; Champion Pledges must communicate in that language.)
- Create a community art project to enhance and promote monarch and pollinator conservation as well as cultural awareness and recognition.
- Issue a Proclamation to raise awareness about the decline of the monarch butterfly and the species’ need for habitat.
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.
- Facilitate or support a milkweed seed collection and propagation effort.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Convert vacant lots to monarch habitat.
- Launch or maintain an outdoor education program(s) (e.g., at schools, after-school programs, community centers and groups) that builds awareness and creates habitat by engaging students, educators, and the community in planting native milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants (i.e., National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA Schoolyard Habitats program and Monarch Mission curriculum).
- Host or support a monarch butterfly festival that is accessible to all residents in the community and promotes monarch and pollinator conservation, as well as cultural awareness and recognition.
- Display educational signage at monarch gardens and pollinator habitat.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Select Board Member and Conservation Commission Chair Larissa Thomas||2023||1/17/2023||View Pledge|