Sunday, March 5, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Engage with community garden groups and urge them to plant native milkweeds and nectar-producing plants.
- Engage with city parks and recreation, public works, sustainability, and other relevant staff to identify opportunities to revise and maintain mowing programs and milkweed / native nectar plant planting programs.
- Engage with gardening leaders and partners (e.g., Master Naturalists, Master Gardeners, Nature Centers, Native Plant Society Chapters , other long-standing and influential community leaders) to support monarch butterfly conservation.
- Issue a Proclamation to raise awareness about the decline of the monarch butterfly and the species’ need for habitat.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Plant milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants in medians and public rights-of-way.
- Change ordinances so herbicides, insecticides, or other chemicals used in the community are not harmful to pollinators.
- Increase the percentage of native plants, shrubs and trees that must be used in city landscaping ordinances and encourage use of milkweed, where appropriate.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Joe Gallo||2023||3/5/2023||View Pledge|