Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Engage with community garden groups and urge them to plant native milkweeds and nectar-producing plants.
- Engage with city parks and recreation, public works, sustainability, and other relevant staff to identify opportunities to revise and maintain mowing programs and milkweed / native nectar plant planting programs.
- Engage with developers, planners, landscape architects, and other community leaders and organizers engaged in planning processes to identify opportunities to create monarch habitat.
- Issue a Proclamation to raise awareness about the decline of the monarch butterfly and the species’ need for habitat.
- Facilitate or support a milkweed seed collection and propagation effort.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Add or maintain native milkweed and nectar producing plants in community gardens.
- Remove milkweed from the list of noxious plants in city weed / landscaping ordinances (if applicable).
- Change weed or mowing ordinances to allow for native prairie and plant habitats.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Ed Hooks||2023||3/28/2023||View Pledge|