Thursday, March 30, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Engage with city parks and recreation, public works, sustainability, and other relevant staff to identify opportunities to revise and maintain mowing programs and milkweed / native nectar plant planting programs.
- Engage with developers, planners, landscape architects, and other community leaders and organizers engaged in planning processes to identify opportunities to create monarch habitat.
- Create a community art project to enhance and promote monarch and pollinator conservation as well as cultural awareness and recognition.
- Plant milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants in medians and public rights-of-way.
- Launch or maintain an outdoor education program(s) (e.g., at schools, after-school programs, community centers and groups) that builds awareness and creates habitat by engaging students, educators, and the community in planting native milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants (i.e., National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA Schoolyard Habitats program and Monarch Mission curriculum).
- Host or support a monarch neighborhood challenge to engage neighborhoods and homeowners' associations within the community to increase awareness, support community unity around a common mission, and/or create habitat for the monarch butterfly.
- Launch, expand, or continue an invasive species removal program that will support the re-establishment of native habitats for monarch butterflies and other pollinators.
- Change ordinances so herbicides, insecticides, or other chemicals used in the community are not harmful to pollinators.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Chairperson, Board of Supervisors Mayme Baumann||2023||3/30/2023||View Pledge|