Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Engage with gardening leaders and partners (e.g., Master Naturalists, Master Gardeners, Nature Centers, Native Plant Society Chapters , other long-standing and influential community leaders) to support monarch butterfly conservation.
- Engage with city parks and recreation, public works, sustainability, and other relevant staff to identify opportunities to revise and maintain mowing programs and milkweed / native nectar plant planting programs.
- Launch or maintain a public communication effort to encourage residents to plant monarch gardens at their homes or in their neighborhoods. (If you have community members who speak a language other than English, we encourage you to also communicate in that language; Champion Pledges must communicate in that language.)
- Launch, expand, or continue an invasive species removal program that will support the re-establishment of native habitats for monarch butterflies and other pollinators.
- Plant milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants in medians and public rights-of-way.
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor of Eureka Springs Robert "Butch" Berry||2023||3/1/2023||View Pledge|
|Mayor Robert (Butch) Berry||2022||12/20/2021||Leadership Circle||View Pledge|
|Mayor Robert (Butch) Berry||2021||2/3/2021||Leadership Circle||View Pledge|