Friday, January 7, 2022
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Mission: Save the Monarch
Loss of habitat and use of herbicides has greatly decreased Covington's numbers in Monarch butterflies, so the City joined many others in a widespread push organized by the National Wildlife Federation to reverse the downward trend.Learn More
Action Items Committed for 2022
- Engage with community garden groups and urge them to plant native milkweeds and nectar-producing plants.
- Launch, expand, or continue an invasive species removal program that will support the re-establishment of native habitats for monarch butterflies and other pollinators.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Facilitate or support a milkweed seed collection and propagation effort.
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.