Wednesday, December 28, 2022
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Engage with community garden groups and urge them to plant native milkweeds and nectar-producing plants.
- Engage with city parks and recreation, public works, sustainability, and other relevant staff to identify opportunities to revise and maintain mowing programs and milkweed / native nectar plant planting programs.
- Engage with gardening leaders and partners (e.g., Master Naturalists, Master Gardeners, Nature Centers, Native Plant Society Chapters , other long-standing and influential community leaders) to support monarch butterfly conservation.
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.
- Facilitate or support a milkweed seed collection and propagation effort.
- Plant milkweed and pollinator-friendly native nectar plants in medians and public rights-of-way.
- Add or maintain native milkweed and nectar producing plants in community gardens.
- Direct city property managers to consider the use of native milkweed and nectar plants at city properties where possible.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Mayor Kenneth Alvania||2023||12/28/2022||View Pledge|