Thursday, March 23, 2023
Links and UploadsView Links and Uploads
Action Item Report
Action Items Committed for 2023
- Host or support a native seed or plant sale, giveaway or swap.
- Plant or maintain a monarch and pollinator-friendly demonstration garden at City Hall or another prominent or culturally significant community location.
- Launch, expand, or continue an invasive species removal program that will support the re-establishment of native habitats for monarch butterflies and other pollinators.
- Change ordinances so herbicides, insecticides, or other chemicals used in the community are not harmful to pollinators.
- Remove milkweed from the list of noxious plants in city weed / landscaping ordinances (if applicable).
- Direct city property managers to consider the use of native milkweed and nectar plants at city properties where possible.
- Integrate monarch butterfly conservation into the city’s Park Master Plan, Sustainability Plan, Climate Resiliency Plan or other city plans.
- Adopt ordinances that support reducing light pollution.
Past Pledge Archive
|Mayor Name||Program Year||Pledge Date||Achievement|
|Supervisor Ellen Calves||2023||3/23/2023||View Pledge|