Certify to Show Your Commitment to Wildlife!
Anyone can create a welcoming haven for local wildlife. Turning your yard, balcony container garden, schoolyard, work landscape, or roadside greenspace into a Certified Wildlife Habitat® is fun, easy and makes a big difference for neighborhood wildlife.
CERTIFY YOUR GARDEN
How it Helps Wildlife
- Every habitat garden is step toward replenishing resources for wildlife locally and along migratory corridors.
- Your application processing fee of $20 supports the National Wildlife Federation's programs to inspire others to make a difference and address declining habitat for bees, butterflies, birds, amphibians and other wildlife nationwide. A portion also supports work for local wildlife in select Affiliate partner states.
- By adding pollinator and monarch friendly plants when you certify your wildlife garden with National Wildlife Federation, it also gets counted towards the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge.
The online application tool will ask you to confirm you’ve provided the required number of elements for each of the following:
Before applying, download this checklist to ensure you have met all the requirements for your wildlife garden. You will be amazed at the short amount of time your habitat garden will be filled with life, activity and color of bees, birds, butterflies, and other wildlife!
When you certify you will become a member of NWF’s Garden for Wildlife community and receive the following benefits:
CERTIFY YOUR GARDEN
- Personalized certificate
- Subscription to our e-newsletter, Garden for Wildlife
- A one-year membership in the National Wildlife Federation and subscription to National Wildlife® Magazine
- 10% off the National Wildlife Federation Catalog merchandise, including nesting boxes, feeders, birdbaths and other items to enhance your wildlife garden
- Exclusive option to purchase attractive garden signs designating your garden as a Certified Wildlife Habitat® with the National Wildlife Federation
Get our NEW Certified Wildlife Habitat® sign!
Our newly redesigned Certified Wildlife Habitat® sign incorporates the National Wildlife Federation's new logo, featuring our ambassador Ranger Rick as a symbol of our work as Guardians of the Wild. Only those who have created a wildlife habitat garden and earned Certified Wildlife Habitat® status can post the sign.
There are TWO ways to get it:
- Certify now and you'll have the option to purchase a sign
- Already certified? Log in to purchase our new sign here