Welcome to the website for the America’s Grasslands Conference
Thank you to everyone who joined us in Cheyenne for the Sixth Biennial America’s Grasslands Conference in August 2023. This was yet another extremely successful grasslands conference by all accounts, including the glowing reviews of the almost 300 participants. We had attendees from 30 states, DC, Canada, Mexico and Argentina. Attendees included ranchers and producers, researchers and students, NGO partners, tribal members, state and federal agency staff, environmental planners, native seed companies, and more.
The packed conference agenda over three days included an incredible lineup of over 4o presentations, on topics ranging from education and outreach strategies, conservation strategies for birds and other wildlife, to Grasslands Policy and many more! We also had over 25 poster presentations, 3 roundtable discussions, and a full day of three field trip options that took participants to native prairies and ranches. We are working on compiling the conference proceedings to capture all of the information shared at the conference, which will be posted below when complete.
We would like also thank our generous sponsors whose support was integral to the conference success!
Wyoming Stockgrowers Land Trust
Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Northern Great Plains Joint Venture
• Read the Program from the Sixth Biennial Grasslands Conference, held August 2023 in Cheyenne, WY.
• Read the Program and Proceedings of the Fifth Biennial Grasslands Conference, held August 2019 in Bismarck, ND.
• Read the Program and Proceedings of the Fourth Biennial Grasslands Conference, held November 2017 in Fort Worth, TX.
• Read the Program and Proceedings of the Third Biennial Grasslands Conference, held September 2015 in Fort Collins, CO.
• Read the Program and Proceedings of the Second Biennial Grasslands Conference, held August 2013 in Manhattan, KS.
• Read the Program and Proceedings of the First Biennial Grassland Conference, held August 2011 in Sioux Falls, SD.
A new storymap connects the dots between extreme weather and climate change and illustrates the harm these disasters inflict on communities and wildlife.Learn More
Take the Clean Earth Challenge and help make the planet a happier, healthier place.Learn More
Promoting more-inclusive outdoor experiences for allRead More
A groundbreaking bipartisan bill aims to address the looming wildlife crisis before it's too late, while creating sorely needed jobs.Read More
More than one-third of U.S. fish and wildlife species are at risk of extinction in the coming decades. We're on the ground in seven regions across the country, collaborating with 52 state and territory affiliates to reverse the crisis and ensure wildlife thrive.